Brewers are wonderfully talented individuals. They are akin to master chefs who can take a pile of ingredients and turn it into deliciously tasting art. Sometimes these same Brewers come up with witty and punny names for their work.
For your consideration here are 20 of the funniest named beers out right now.
1. Hell or High Watermelon, 21st Amendment Brewery, Wheat Beer, 4.9% ABV
2. Pearl Necklace, Flying Dog Brewery, Oyster Stout, 5.5% ABV
3. Dee’s Nuts, Funky Buddha Brewery, Brown Ale, 6.4% ABV.
4. Monty Python’s Holy Grail Ale, Black Sheep Brewery, English Pale Ale, 4.7% ABV
5. Yellow Snow, Rogue Ales, IPA, 6.5% ABV
6. Duck Duck Gooze, Lost Abbey, American Wild Ale, 7% ABV
7. Hoppy Ending, Palo Alto Brewing Company, APA, 5% ABV.
8. Yeastus Christus, To Øl, Saison, 7.4%
9. Hoptimus Prime, Ruckus Brewing, Imperial IPA, 9% ABV.
10. Hotter than Helles, Cigar City Brewing, Munich Lager, 5% ABV.
11. Smooth Hoperator, Stoudt’s Brewing Co., Dolpplebock, 7% ABV.
12. Wake-n-bake, Terrapin Beer Co., Imperial Stout, 9.4% ABV.
13. Brew Cocky Ale, 2nd Shift Brewing, Double IPA, 9% ABV.
14. Morning Wood, Funky Buddha Brewery, Imperial Stout, 11.2% ABV.
15. Old Chub, Oskar Blues, Scotch Ale, 8% ABV.
16. Citra Ass Down, Against the Grain Brewery, IPA, 8% ABV.
17. Urine Trouble, 3 Floyds Brewing Co./Surly Brewing Co., Double IPA, 9% ABV.
18. Good Chit, Rogue Ales, Pilsener, 6% ABV.
19. Mrs. Stoutfire, The Bruery, Imperial Stout, 9.5% ABV.
20. Apocalypse Cow, 3 Floyds Brewing Co., Double IPA, 11% ABV.
These are only a tiny percentage of names. More are made everyday. If there are any you believe I should’ve included list them below.
(Slider image credit:123rf.com)
Latest posts by David Hildenbrand (see all)
- Brewery review: The Tank Brewing Company - May 8, 2017
- Event Preview: MIA Beer Co’s 2nd anniversary party - February 22, 2017
- Best looking beer labels: part 4 - August 29, 2016
- The 7 best jazz themed beers - May 2, 2016
- The best looking beer labels: Part 3 - April 11, 2016