Big Bad “We Got a Party For The Price of Fun” Review
Big Bad are a new pop punk band from Tuscon, Arizona named after a villain from the television series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don’t exactly know what that means, but I do know that I like what I hear. The band consists of Tim Milner (lead guitar/vocals), Alex Zolyniak (guitar/ backup vocals), Caitlin Burns (keys/ vocals), Whitney Sullivan (bass/vocals) and Keith Amon (drums). In their new demo/ep We Got a Party For The Price of Fun Big Bad brings to mind a grittier Lipstick Homicide (whose last album I loved) and a vibe I haven’t heard since early millennial No Idea Records / Gainesville bands. All of those things excite me. The gang vocals, co-ed participation and an nostalgic reminder of how fun pop punk can be engulf this EP and makes it not only unique in a sea of mind-numbing “pop punk” bands, but a rather personal experience. Those are the signs of a good band. I love this release, someone needs to sign this band ASAP. By someone I’m looking at you Brandon Harrod of Mooster Records!
Latest posts by Chuck Livid (see all)
- MOVIE NIGHT INSTANT SCREENING: Nevermind Citizen Kane… Here’s SWAMP APE! - May 16, 2017
- SHOW PREVIEW: PEARS at Propaganda in Lake Worth 05-18-17 - May 9, 2017
- SHOW PREVIEW: Shonen Knife at Churchill’s Pub 05-05-17 - May 3, 2017
- 8 NEW RECORDS THAT YOU NEED TO JUMP ON NOW - April 19, 2017
- SHOW REVIEW: Colombia’s I.R.A. at Kreepy Tiki 03-05-17 - March 5, 2017