Big Bad “We Got a Party For The Price of Fun” Review
Big Bad are a new pop punk band from Tuscon, Arizona named after a villain from the television series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don’t exactly know what that means, but I do know that I like what I hear. The band consists of Tim Milner (lead guitar/vocals), Alex Zolyniak (guitar/ backup vocals), Caitlin Burns (keys/ vocals), Whitney Sullivan (bass/vocals) and Keith Amon (drums). In their new demo/ep We Got a Party For The Price of Fun Big Bad brings to mind a grittier Lipstick Homicide (whose last album I loved) and a vibe I haven’t heard since early millennial No Idea Records / Gainesville bands. All of those things excite me. The gang vocals, co-ed participation and an nostalgic reminder of how fun pop punk can be engulf this EP and makes it not only unique in a sea of mind-numbing “pop punk” bands, but a rather personal experience. Those are the signs of a good band. I love this release, someone needs to sign this band ASAP. By someone I’m looking at you Brandon Harrod of Mooster Records!
Latest posts by Chuck Livid (see all)
- Another Music Podcast Episode 315 – The Shakers - December 31, 2017
- Another Music Podcast Episode 303 – Joanna Angel - November 8, 2017
- Another Music Podcast Episode 314 – Chris May (The Hanging Judge) - October 17, 2017
- Another Music Podcast Episode 313 – Ashley Reda - October 5, 2017
- Remembering Miami Independent Film Director Joel Sotolongo - September 28, 2017