Phoenix, Arizona’s Man Hands exploits 80’s post punk sensibilities in the same vain as The Spits. Splitting co-ed vocals between guitarists Marcus Berry and Jackie Cruz; Misadventures, Man Hands‘ new album, executes dark jams over Dead Kennedys style guitars, albeit with toned down highs. Jacob Howard (bass) and Matt Spastic (drums) provide the perfect rhythm accompaniment which any band would kill for. I mean this as a compliment- Misadventures WILL feel nostalgic to anyone who grew up on 80’s Alternative Tentacles or SST. There aren’t enough good bands playing this brand of punk rock and Man Hands has got it down.
Latest posts by Chuck Livid (see all)
- REVIEW: The Wombombs “S/T” EP - August 3, 2018
- Another Music Podcast Episode 317 – Hurricane Party - May 9, 2018
- T.G. EXCLUSIVE: The Wombombs – “Fukushima Fishnets” Music Video & Interview - March 23, 2018
- Another Music Podcast Episode 315 – The Shakers - December 31, 2017
- Another Music Podcast Episode 303 – Joanna Angel - November 8, 2017