Don’t Flop, the British rap battle league is coming to Florida for the first time. The two-day event will take place in Orlando this weekend at the Caboose Bar. The league is looking to spark up some serious competition with the Sunshine State already a known hotbed for hip-hop and this inaugural event has brought to the line some of the state’s brightest and finest MCs.
Which makes sense as to why Orlando would be picked over Miami for the competition. The league, founded in 2008 by Rowan Faife (Eurgh) and Freddie Scott-Miller (Cruger) has continued to evolve in format and created some of the best rivalries in hip-hop today.
Miami will be properly represented by six MCs, all worthy of a crown and all likely to surprise and turn heads during competition. The delegation of Thousand, Knowledge Medina, Dropz, Hindurock, Surgeon General, and LMS is proof of the quality and caliber of underground hip-hop being created in South Florida today.
Why people down here keep listening to all those millionaire cry-babies before supporting what’s going down in our backyards is something I’ll never understand. Their loss I guess.
Eurgh, Sonny Bamboo & Jonny Storm Present: Don’t Flop Orlando at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, February 26 and 27 at the Caboose Bar, 1827 N. Orange AVE, Orlando. Click here for ticket prices.
Latest posts by Abel Folgar (see all)
- Miami MCs to do battle in Orlando this weekend - February 24, 2016
- Miami Mini Maker Faire 2016 – bigger, better and looking to connect with you - February 18, 2016
- Philanthropy Miami 2016 “Shark Tank” - February 16, 2016
- Check out Intercourse’s new track: “Pyramid Scheme/Friday the 13th (Pt. 2)” - February 11, 2016
- Album Review: Broken Talent – Rules No One - February 4, 2016