With the 2014 World Cup’s kick-off rapidly approaching it is easy to lose focus on the action of our local North American Soccer League (NASL) team the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. There’s one more match before the Cup break this coming Saturday against the San Antonio Scorpions and the Strikers will be looking to vindicate themselves after the trouncing (0-3) suffered to Giovanni Savarese’s New York Cosmos this past May 31st.
The Scorpions will be boasting former Striker midfielder Wálter Restrepo’s “Player of Week 8” accolades when the teams meet; an even better reason for the Strikers to bring the Texans a little dose of footie reality. So going into week nine, this is how it’s looking for the ten teams in competition for the Soccer Bowl trophy.
The Strikers are sitting in the middle with four in the wins and losses column and even on 16 for goals in favor and against with 12 points total. Hopefully this will change drastically after action resumes on July 12th when they face the Minnesota United FC. Hopefully most locals will still be pumped about the Cup and hungry for some footie action and will make it to some home matches at historic Lockhart Stadium.
|1||Minnesota United FC||8||6||1||1||13||6||7||19|
|3||San Antonio Scorpions||8||5||1||2||11||7||4||16|
|5||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||8||4||0||4||16||16||0||12|
|6||Ottawa Fury FC||8||3||1||4||14||12||2||10|
|7||Tampa Bay Rowdies||8||2||3||3||8||13||-5||9|
Latest posts by Abel Folgar (see all)
- Miami MCs to do battle in Orlando this weekend - February 24, 2016
- Miami Mini Maker Faire 2016 – bigger, better and looking to connect with you - February 18, 2016
- Philanthropy Miami 2016 “Shark Tank” - February 16, 2016
- Check out Intercourse’s new track: “Pyramid Scheme/Friday the 13th (Pt. 2)” - February 11, 2016
- Album Review: Broken Talent – Rules No One - February 4, 2016