There’s a pretty good chance that Mark Noonan — also known as DJ Skidmark — has a responsible and upwardly mobile daytime persona/career. With a patented coif of perfect hair that has been alternatively the source of jealousy for Conan O’Brien and David Lynch, DJ Skidmark is better known to the denizens of South Florida’s underground as the premier punk rock DJ in three counties!
He is not only well-versed and heavily armed with his punk rock knowledge; he is also an avid supporter of local bands and can often be found filling the dead air in South Florida’s marquee and regular punk gatherings. That might actually make us question exactly how responsible this daytime version of himself is and why is he allowed to stroll in to work after lunch?
Hmm… that does beg some investigation, but in the meantime he’ll be keeping the music going between acts and for our lovely go-go dancers during our Evening of Rock and Roll Debauch this Saturday.
The Sybarite Pig, JoltRadio.org, Laser Wolf and Tuffgnarl.com present An Evening of Rock & Roll Debauch! Featuring the Sacred Owls, Jellyfish Brothers, Bleubird, The Riot Act, Sandratz, Killmama and DJ Skidmark at 8 p.m. on Saturday, September 20 at Churchill’s Pub, 5501 NE 2 AVE, Miami. $8 at the door. Call 305-757-1807 or visit churchillspub.com.
Slider image courtesy of teajayphoto.
Latest posts by Abel Folgar (see all)
- Miami MCs to do battle in Orlando this weekend - February 24, 2016
- Miami Mini Maker Faire 2016 – bigger, better and looking to connect with you - February 18, 2016
- Philanthropy Miami 2016 “Shark Tank” - February 16, 2016
- Check out Intercourse’s new track: “Pyramid Scheme/Friday the 13th (Pt. 2)” - February 11, 2016
- Album Review: Broken Talent – Rules No One - February 4, 2016